The Temple of the Emerald is a Buddhist temple in Bangkok, the capital city of Thailand, and familiarly called Wat Phra Kaeo. When the capital city was transferred to Bangkok in 1782, it was constructed as the royal family’s temple. The principle image of Buddha made of emeralds is enshrined in the main sanctuary, hence comes the name” Temple of the Emerald”. This Buddhist image is believed to have the powers to save the nation from crises and maintain order. There are three doors at the front of the main sanctuary, but only the left and right doors are open. The center door is exclusively for the king and queen.